Community & employment
The vision of SouthUp is based on a desire to develop the region of Gaza Envelope socially, technologically and economically. For this end, the association works in a variety of ways, considering the specific needs of the residents and the various communities;
- Exposing the residents and the community to technological education and initiatives
- Assistance in creating new jobs in the technology field in and entrepreneurship in Sha'ar Hanegev and the Gaza Envelope
- Developing employment through the promotion of cooperation with the kibbutzim,associations and educational institutions in the region.
Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Council
Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Council is located in the northern Negev, near the cities of Ashkelon and Sderot. The Council territory dominates over 180,000 acres and includes about 10 developing kibbutzim that are experiencing growth and absorption of families, young people and students. The Council places special emphasis on the promotion and development of education, thus it assigns many resources for these fields.
- Sha'ar Hanegev Middle School" - is in the heart of the Regional Council and provides a unique learning environment advocating innovation, personal nurturing, achievement and meaningful learning.
- Sapir College - provides a warm and embracing educational environment to 8,500 students, and is considered the country's leading public college. The College includes a bachelor's degree (B.A), master's degree (MA) studies, courses of study integrated with Ben - Gurion University, Engineering Technology Center, External Studies Center, School of Arts, Pre-Academic Center and Preparatory Schools.
As part of the goals set by SouthUp technology incubator regarding the development of community and employment in the Gaza Envelope, every start-up company accepted to the technological incubator is a partner of the organization's vision and its realization by meeting the following conditions:
- Working within the technological incubator during the first two years
- Operating from the region of Gaza Envelope for a period of at least 5 years. Later on, the company will have the option to relocate to any of Sha'ar Hanegev kibbutzim, in order to expand and develop the Community of the region.
- Being assisted by trainees from Sapir College
- To participate in an enrichment program of technology and initiatives for high school students